WELCOME · [ HOME ] · [ About me ] · [ Paperwalker Studios ] · [ Toby Skybuckle ] · [ John Starduck ]

The PAPERWALKER Journal is a nearly daily updated weblog of character designer Florian Satzinger in which he shares bits and pieces of his character design work, processes, visual development, inspirations and reference materials of current, past and future projects, such as Toby Skybuckle© for France and Japan based Ankama Group LLC and John Starduck© for France and US based Tigobo Animation Studios. ©2014 World rights reserved. | 19,449,527 views | 16,763 subscribers



Please note, all reference/inspiration material here is solely the property of their respective owner, the use here does not imply that you may use the material for any purpose other than for the same or a similar informational, inspirational or educational use. This blog journal is basically dedicated to inspire professional animation artists, animation students and everyone who is interested in the animation art form to use their talents.
Contact: hello[at]paperwalker[dot]com




Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Colour Concept Painting

Before I start working on the clean-up I often do a speed painting. And then from that I "extract" the colour palette for the final piece. Just now I'm working on the final line work of this large poster sujet... I'll will post the finished piece sometime soon.



11 comments:

  1. What a perfect flow and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    How do you turn B&W into color(stage 1 to 2)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin! :) THANKS!

    Kenji, cheers! Btw, I started with image #2. #1 is just a monochrome version of the painting in the middle. #3 is a blend of #1 and #2.

    Luispa! Thank you!

    Omar, hahaha, that proves that you don't know me. I guess I'm more like a monkey with a Wacom ;o) Thanks, I'm glad that you like my stuff! Thanks indeed! I appreciate that very much.

    Nearchos! CHEERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a job !!!! great and hard stuff !!!!
    U are the "colors master" ;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian, Octaviao! Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing.
    oil painting on canvas

    ReplyDelete