COAT OF SMILES, parody art of iconic symbols. A duck's hat, a mouse's ears and a smiling yellow button. Three iconic things brought together in one artwork.
The PAPERWALKER Journal is the personal weblog of DUCKLAND creator and award-winning character designer Florian Satzinger – who worked on characters such as Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Looney Tunes (Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Silvester etc.), Pinky And The Brain, A.J.Hogg and Scooby-Doo, for studios such as Warner Bros., Disney, ReelFX and Zanuck Family Entertainment – in which he shares bits and pieces of his character design work, processes, visual development, inspirations and reference materials of current, past and future projects.
©2024 by Florian Satzinger. World rights reserved. | 104,7M VIEWS | Instagram | Page | Bēhance



PLEASE NOTE, the displayed parody artworks of classical cartoon characters are not copies but distinct satiric imitations/caricatures, by exaggerating and transforming the original characters and their related indica (see 'Coat of Smiles') in a way that creates new originals and new meanings, different from the intentions of the originals.

All reference/inspiration material here (i.e. all material not originated by the author of this blog) is solely the property of their respective owners, the use here does not imply that you may use the material for any purpose other than for a similar parodistic, informational or inspirational use. This blog journal is basically dedicated to inspire professional animation artists, animation students and everyone who is interested in the animation art form to use their talents. If you find any content here that belongs to you and you want it down or has not been properly attributed, please contact 'hello[at]paperwalker[dot]com', thank you.


Connect with Florian Satzinger: follow us in feedly

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Crystal Sword DC58-2602, ACME Smithery

Finally, I managed to finish my piece for Crisse (referring to his comic book series l'Épée de cristal). He is, btw, the editor of StarDucks... what makes me really glad.





By the by, Achdé was so kind and featured my other duckish critter (which I did for him in return for the gift he made me) on his blog.

Update: Here are four other Danilowatz drawings out of this very book from the 1920s:


Photos: Satzinger & Hardenberg Archive

28 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the "in progress" pictures that lead up to your fantastic art.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fantastic work. Great character designs and the imagination w/your technology is outstanding! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah !!!
    this one is so great and funny !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renato, Yahya :) I'm glad you like it! Thanks!

    Cam, you're welcome, thanks for the nice comment.

    Jake, it's great to hear that, thank you very much.

    Ryan, wow! Thanks indeed!

    Faboun'e, hey! Thanks a lot, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Crystal sword. Sort of a steampunk way of constructing a lightsaber :) Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great design , I always receive a lesson when I come here to see your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Achdé! It's always the brilliant original that makes it easy to do a successful tribute/fan art :)

    Nathan, thanks, you're absolutely right, I'm a notorious steam punker ;)

    Piram, that's a great compliment, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    I discovered your work on achde's blog, with lucky duck.
    Now I'm looking at your blog, and I gotta say, I can't stop crying...
    You're doing such an amazing work, I think I could dream for at last three centuries before I could hope to work with you on a comic project someday...
    Well, I'll start to dream tonight, maybe I'll live old enough to work with you someday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. That should be a very difficult sword to fight with :D

    Amazing, Florian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your designs are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, congratulations!
    Rodrigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lapuss! My head swims! Thanks for this surprising and merry comment. Well, actually, I've no objections to work on a project together someday... but please, don't let me wait three centuries ;)

    Leandro, absolutely, fighting with this would be quite tricky :) Cheers!

    Paul, it's really pleasing to hear that they inspire you. Cheers for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    Ilustrasarteclube, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!

    I've just discover your works!
    It's totaly amazing and a veritably lessons for me
    who have not study on graphic scool!
    Sorry for my english, i am "marseillais",

    and thank you for your magnific drawn!

    poco

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Florian!

    I can't tell what a BIG FAN of your art-work i'm! I simply love all of these! It's so unique, it's so techy-stylish and full of live. Keep up that awesome work!

    Please don't mind the question! But were you ever thinking about to work on some of these concepts in purely 3D or as a 2D/3D mixeture else well?

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shame on me for discovering your work today only ! Your line and designs are just awesome and so funny :)
    You've got a new fan, Master ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This drawings don´t need to be animated, they´re all ready moving.

    Great! Everything here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. un estilo dinámico y expresivo.....felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete