This was the preliminary sketch, which I created at the time alongside my vision of Donald Duck's modernist suburban house. I've never shown this rough draft before, and nothing more than this rough sketch exists. As with Donald's house, the starting point was the same question: What would Daisy Duck's house have looked like if Carl Barks had been inspired by contemporary architecture?
Since countless versions of Daisy's car exist, unlike Donald's 313, I took the liberty of showing her here with a sophisticated sports car in the foreground—I vaguely had one of the Alfa Romeo BAT concept cars from the 1950s in mind—to extend the lifestyle that such a house practically compels one to adopt to her car as well. I hadn't done that with Donald.
I'll try to finish this drawing when I get the chance.
#artsatire #charactersatire #caricature #parody
Rough and scratchy
-
... and the colors just slapped on. More process examples from my catalog
of incredibly rough preliminary sketches. Everything is rough—just dashed
off.
A...
3 hours ago











































No comments:
Post a Comment